The AARMS Asbestos Management Solution will provide you with total compliance
for the State and National Legislation for the Management of Asbestos in
Stringent new legislation calls for “Persons with Control” of workplaces to
comply with the Code of Practice for the Management and Control of Asbestos in
Workplaces [NOHSC:2018 (2005)]. ALL State Governments have ratified this code.
AARMS auditing teams are professional, discreet and do not discuss the audit
with your staff, tenants or contractors unless invited to.
A person in control is identified as;
Person with Control means, in relation to premises, a person who has control of
premises used as a workplace. The person with control may be:
Are You Affected?
- the owner of the premises;
- a person who has, under any contract or lease, an obligation to maintain or
repair the premises;
- a person who is occupying the premises;
- a person who is able to make decisions about work undertaken at the
- an employer at the premises.
You must comply with the legislation: Persons in Control of buildings have a
duty of care to
What must you do?
- Develop an Asbestos management Plan
- Investigate their premises for the presence of ACM
- Develop a register of identified or presumed ACM
- Remove or minimize the risk of ACM
- Implement Control Measures.
If asbestos is identified in your building or workplace the owner of the
building (or owner’s representative) is required to document and implement an
Asbestos Management Plan in accordance with the National Code of Practice.
This plan is to include items such as:
- A register of asbestos-containing materials at the workplace.
- Details of maintenance and service work undertaken on asbestos-containing
- Mechanisms for communicating the location and type of asbestos-containing
materials to employees and others who may come into contact with
- Any decisions regarding the abatement actions taken.
- An action plan (including timeframes) for the abatement works.
- Airborne monitoring arrangements.
- Responsibilities and accountabilities of key staff in the implementation of
- Procedure for reviewing and updating the plan.
- Safe work method statements / risk assessments.
- All asbestos-containing materials left in-situ should be clearly labelled to
prevent inadvertent exposure to persons not familiar with the materials.
- Annual review of listed ACM
AARMS Asbestos Management Solution provides you with FULL compliance;
- Asbestos Audits and Registers
- Asbestos Management Plans
- Staff, Tenant & Contractor Handbook
- Asbestos Register Controllers Guide
- Work Permit and Completion forms
- Draft company Statement
- Draft Work Method Statement
ALSO, if required
- Sample Analysis
- Air Monitoring
- Asbestos Removal Project Management
- Asbestos Hazard consultation
- Asbestos Hazard training