Receivers & Liquidators
If you are looking at disposing of commercial assets, you may require an
Asbestos Audit prior to the sale or disposal.
The AARMS Asbestos Management Solution will provide you with total compliance
for the State and National Legislation for the Management of Asbestos in
Stringent new legislation calls for “Persons with Control” of workplaces to
comply with the Code of Practice for the Management and Control of Asbestos in
Workplaces [NOHSC:2018 (2005)]. ALL State Governments have ratified this code.
A person in control is identified as;
Person with Control means, in relation to premises, a person who has control of
premises used as a workplace. The person with control may be:
(a) the owner of the premises;
(b) a person who has, under any contract or lease, an obligation to maintain or
repair the premises;
(c) a person who is occupying the premises;
(d) a person who is able to make decisions about work undertaken at the
(e) an employer at the premises.
Are You Affected?
You must comply with the legislation: Persons in Control of buildings have a
duty of care to -
Develop an Asbestos management Plan
Investigate their premises for the presence of ACM
Develop a register of identified or presumed ACM
Remove or minimize the risk of ACM
Implement Control Measures.
What must you do?
If asbestos is identified in your building or workplace the owner of
the building (or owner’s representative) is required to document and implement
an Asbestos Management Plan in accordance with the National Code of Practice.
This plan is to include items such as:
- A register of asbestos-containing materials at the workplace.
- Details of maintenance and service work undertaken on asbestos-containing
- Mechanisms for communicating the location and type of asbestos-containing
materials to employees and others who may come into contact with
- Any decisions regarding the abatement actions taken.
- An action plan (including timeframes) for the abatement works.
- Airborne monitoring arrangements.
- Responsibilities and accountabilities of key staff in the implementation of
- Procedure for reviewing and updating the plan.
- Safe work method statements / risk assessments
- All asbestos-containing materials left in-situ should be clearly labelled to
prevent inadvertent exposure to persons not familiar with the materials.
- Annual review of listed ACM
AARMS Asbestos Management Solution provides you with FULL compliance;
- Asbestos Audits and Registers
- Asbestos Management Plans
- Staff, Tenant & Contractor Handbook
- Asbestos Register Controllers Guide
- Work Permit and Completion forms
- Draft company Statement
- Draft Work Method Statement
ALSO, if required
- Sample Analysis
- Air Monitoring
- Asbestos Removal Project Management
- Asbestos Hazard consultation
- Asbestos Hazard training